During these wet and cold winter months getting down to some serious photography projects outdoors can be a bit of a challenge. One good way of keeping up with your photography during this time is to try making some indoor still life images. Here’s a simple still life studio setup I have (in my garage).
This setup consists of:
- Background – Lastolite Plain Collapsible 1.5 x 1.8m Black Velvet.
- Bench – Disused IKEA television stand (with some handy storage underneath).
- Bench cover – Piece of blackout curtain (from John Lewis).
- Lighting – Cactus lighting plus brollies etc from my portable lighting kit.
- Camera – Olympus OM-D E-M1 with M.Zuiko f/2.8 60mm Macro Lens
- Tripod – Three Legged Thing Tim Evolution 2.
Finally a few initial images taken with this setup.